Friday, December 08, 2006

Bored....

Earlier this week I received confirmation about the last Linux administrator leaving my previous place of employment. It seems that he has finally called it quits. If memory serves me right he was there for eight years. Not bad as far as I know that was the longest serving IT staff member. Though there is still one person left there from when I started I doubt he will last long. Last I heard he was looking for employment back in India, or some other country halfway around the world.


The best I can say is welcome to a better life TT and I hope life treats you better. Just remember that if you find a good employer you will submit my resume there for me LOL.


As I'm sure most can tell I'm posting from here at work just because there isn't much going on. I managed to streamline my process so I can get everything done in about three hours. So what do I do for the rest of the day? Not much. Read Slashdot, play Neopets, or just generally browse, the internet. I also read all my cartoons, links on the right, but that only takes me to about 1pm/2pm.


Anyway at least I get to start job hunting soon. I get to update my resume but I have no ideas on how that will go. As usual I'm not sure what to say about my current position. Nothing new there but at least it will give me something to do. As for a new "Guess That Image" I will be posting a new one tonight .... hopefully. I have an idea I just have to take the photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're really that bored, why don't you look for work while you have nothing to do instead. You could work on your resume, research jobs, post online. Lots of things. Then you'd be occupied _and_ productive.

Phalse Impressions said...

Well I am also searching Monster.com and Workopolis.com for jobs right now. The market doesn't look good right now though :(

Any suggested sites for job hunting?